1

Tuesday 3 September 2013

My second music interest, violin♪

I preferred violin instead after I quitted piano. If anyone followed my instagram would probably knew that I played violin too.  Teehee  
 My first violin
I started violin since I was 15, by then there's a 4-year interval since I got in touch with musicProbably violin is more of my favouritism I don't know... I just get interested with violin so suddenly.

I learnt piano a few years ago which made my violin career pretty smooth and I could catch up everything pretty fast. I learnt about the 4 main strings for each what they stand for, how to create different sounds from each strings and how well you are capable to estimate the exact note that you wanted to play.

Needless to say, the way you hold the fiddle on your hand is utterly important. At first I got my fingers twisted and tangled like wire and of course, quite aching since the way of handling it is difficult. After effortful practice, it's just as easy as pie!

The worse thing I'd always scolded by my teacher is my tendency to play out of tone. Guess I gotta improve myself with that lol. Violin isn't easy to be learnt since it's hard to estimate the actual note and you always tend to play out of tone, unlike guitar where the tones were indicated on it (with line-form prominences) and you can know where to actually put your finger at and play the correct sound. *I actually screeched when a higher tone is played*

Surprisingly, my progression in violin accelerates kinda fast and I had my first Grade 5 exams at 17*I skipped Grade 1 till 4* Followed by the forthcoming exam my dad bought me a better quality violin, the strings and the violin body which costs a lot oh no... 
Oops, sorry bout my minion again 
You know, to get a nicer music the violin body is a staple especially the strings, that is the core of the violin! Besides, the higher grade you're at you ought to have a better violin. *I'm not good in taking care of things and consequently there're scratches on my violin, sigh..*
Finally I merely passed my Grade 5, that was lame! Probably I'm too lazy to put too much efforts practising and ended up I just passed, that is the worse results I procured ever. I scored distinction for piano at least, that's too bad for my violin. *Fine, I'm a lazybones* 

Afterall, incessant fire is still burning with motivation in me, there's where I continue to ascent my grades after my Grade 5 exam. I can handle Grade 6 syllabus pretty stable and my teacher leaped me to Grade 7, and I'm on the verge of Grade 8 and diploma, which is the final stage of a music career. *feeling awesome!* I didn't have the chance taking exams though.

By then, I need to further my studies after 17, this is the pretext I'm giving up violin once again*bawling with sadness* sigh... 

Anyway, there's an opportunity where a few of my friends who also learnt music and I were asked to do a performance on stage during my first year in university. Wow, that's an awesome experience ever! I exactly devoid of experiences about performances definitely feel more than nervous. *Oops I forgotten I did a performance with my friend in piano during secondary school, blush blush* Unexpectedly, I'm quite okay dealing with it and I even guided a few friends who were just beginner of violin. Teehee

At last we did our performance and that's amazing and honoured lol... It's quite successful by the way and we attained loads of compliments from our seniors too, splendid! *It's a once upon a time story*
My partner [flashback of long long time ago]
Yet I vowed I must re-learn my piano and violin at least to complete all grades before I was overwhelmed with regrets, before everything is too late. *Probably after my graduation, that's the only chance I had*

2 comments :

  1. :)Follow yours as well.We did a lot of research, trying to find cheaper accommodation, food and tours. And we didn't buy anything expensive to make it affordable! You can try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teehee.. ok ok =) thank u so much for ur informations =)

    ReplyDelete