1

Saturday 25 May 2013

Birthday and anniversary celebration at Thirty8 @ Grand Hyatt Hotel ♛

This is my boyfie, Tze Wei. This is our very special occasion.  Yeah, this is our anniversary dinner and a birthday celebration specially for him. His exact birthday is on 10th June, however due to the most detestable exam is around the corner, I was forced to celebrate his birthday and also our anniversary earlier. Owh, and forgotten to mention that this is our first anniversary. Wow, time passed fast, I didn't realized that it'd been one year we come across together. 

After some depressive squeezing of my brain to figure out awesome plans, by google through the internet, searching about restaurants to bring him to, finally I'd decided Thirty8 in Grand Hyatt Hotel. 

The menu is expensive, but I was determined to make a reservation. He is my loved ones,  the finance issue I'm facing currently doesn't cross my mind, and I preferred to invest a big chunk of money to give him a preceded surprise. 

Finally we were here!

The first response when we arrived were "wow!". We were like "OMG how come it can be so classy!". Driven by curiosity we were gaping throughout, fascinated with the surrounding of the restaurant. The ambience around accompanied with music played by a band, making the surrounding absolutely perfect! Sounds romantic huh, haha =D

Served by the waiter and we finally get a seat where I'd made my reservation. We sat down and chat, while choosing the dishes from the displayed menu. After making orders, we started taking photos amusing ourselves. Lolll...






We can have a point-blank glance at the KL twin towers. Grand Hyatt is just a 5 minute walk distance from KLCC.



In order just to make his birthday celebration look perfect, 
I'd purposely chose a maxi dress to put on. 
The maxi dress is from Dorothy Perkins and it costs me a lot that 
I could hardly imagine why I'd bought it. Loll.

p/s: I'd also received lots of compliments regarding this maxi dress, 

and thanks my dear to be my judge when I was busy choosing a suitable dress to wear. 





The staircase shot
So the surrounding here is just pleasant. The staircase base is made of glass with gleaming light shot from the below that make it a nice position for photoshoot.



Happy birthday and happy anniversary my dear! 
The signature cake I ordered specially during my reservation, thanks to Thirty8.

This is the signature cake of Thirty8. Do you noticed the little cup beside the cylinder cake? It contained dry ice and the whole flat plate is initially covered with a transparent holder. I missed to take the very initial photo, it is smoked with white fog originate from the dry ice just right inside the cup and will drift along as the holder is removed. 

Thirty8 signature cake is adorned with raspberries with a ball of vanilla ice-cream which pressed lightly on top of the peanut fragments. The melted caramel that flowed across the chocolate chip is also poured right after the cake is served.

The presentation of Thirty8 signature cake!  Thirty8 Signature cake with the candle erected on a piece of cucumber, how creative! 
Plus, the "Happy birthday & Happy anniversary" written on a piece of chocolate.



Straight from the oven chocolate cake, raspberry sorbet, vanilla anglaise 
This is the moist chocolate cake directly baked from the oven, how can I resist the sumptuous chocolate since I'm a chocolate lover! The melted warm chocolate oozed out as I cut the cake into half, it was super delicious and I greatly recommend u guys to try out =)


A glimpse of KL twin towers 

The bar bedecked with wine and glasses. Anyway, the wine here is costly of course. 

Chicken Kiev, herb butter, warm potato salad, lemon
The chicken served is of the best quality and succulent. The half-cut tomato is half roasted decorated with celery and cabbage that present a perfect dish for dining.

Seared red snapper fillet, spicy charred tomato and coriander relish, lemon
The red snapper fillet is in utter tenderness that it served the best of the best accompanied by red tiny tomatoes and half-charred lemon. Lemon juice is squeezed to make the fillet more luscious!


For more information regarding the menu can refer the displayed menu: Thirty8 MENU

Hours (THIRTY8 Restaurant and Lounge):

Daily, 6:00am – 11:00pm


Reservation:
For reservation, can contact the number below:
+60 3 2181234 extension 2340 or email thirty8.kuagh@hyatt.com  


**The celebration finally comes to an end, it's time for us to study hard during the study week. Gambateh!

No comments :

Post a Comment