1

Thursday 11 April 2013

Mid-term break part 2: Visit to Alor Setar and Langkawi Island

After Penang, I’d also visited some places in Alor Setar, although it doesn't sounds attractive, but I’ll still share about it too!

I stayed at my bf house in Alor Setar and he brought me to a few places worth visiting, such as Alor Setar Tower, Paddy Museum and Science center.

Yup I admitted that there were not too many attractions in Kedah but I do highly recommend the local food here especially tomyam! The tomyam is superb and should have a try when you are here. Besides I still remember there’s a stall selling curry puffs, had a first try for the curry puffs and my face squeezed into a “yummy” expression.

All the things I did here was eating non-stop since there were too many tasty delicacies and food here, and I think that the food at the North part were utmost delicious.



The Alor Setar tower


After a few days at Alor Setar, we headed to Langkawi Island. We embarked on the boat, reached the island at around 1 hour. The first place we visited is the aquarium centre of Langkawi. There were several kinds of sea creatures where some of that we’d never seen before in our entire life. Besides, we also saw penguins, which are not easily found in all aquarium centers.



We spent most of the time here and it was near late evening, and had our dinner at the Thai restaurant. We ordered tomyam, OMG the tomyam fish was so succulent that stimulated my taste buds. 
The aquarium centre



 The furious sharks






















Penguins




Next morning, we both departed to Payar Island which is also part of Langkawi Island. We departed by a boat and I’d the most unforgettable experience of vomiting twice since the sea was rough that time. When we arrived there, I was stunned by the scenic view of the beach. There’s a three-layered color where we took opportunity to snap a picture.

The main highlight here is there were baby sharks existing near the shore. We had chances snorkeling to view the baby sharks; yup I’m still a little afraid of them although they are labeled as “harmless”.

The water was clear and transparent but litters can also be seen in somewhere else. Overall, I rated Payar Island 3 out of 5, nice view of the sea but failed in other facilities. I had bad comments about the toilet, since there is no water supply available.

At evening, once again we sat the boat which is shaking so vigorously and I was starting to worry whether I will experience vomit like just now. Indeed, and very unluckily, I’d vomit twice again. 
A random selca...
But sadly this cap was flew away by the strong breeze...
Swag!







 Notice the color of the sea, it's pretty right?
During the third day, we had a cable car ride, known as Skycab. After purchasing the entry tickets we entered the cable car and set off to a height of more than hundred metres. When we reached a pit stop, we came down and took a brief tour. “Wow, look at this picturesque view of Langkawi from the top”, I murmured quietly in my heart, and the next thing I did was taking photos of course. 
Me, Tze Wei and my bf's mum and her friend =)





 Selca... =)





Here were bunch of foreign tourists where we made friends with them, cheeseee!

Following the next hour we stopped by at some shops, and not forgotten to emphasize here, chocolates were available at Langkawi at reasonable price.  Again, I’m the one who always fond of chocolate surely bought many of them, and I’d used up RM100 to bring them home!                  
p/s: The Ferrero roche and kinder bueno here was super cheap.
Spent a big chunk of money just to get them, 
plus a pair of Adidas I bought for my brother =)

Yeah, it’s time to go home. Goodbye Langkawi…Begone =)



No comments :

Post a Comment