1

Friday 30 May 2014

22nd birthday for him @ Cantaloupe Troika Sky Dining ♛

So here is where we actually went, Cantaloupe at Troika Sky Dining after I lied to him we're going to Skybar hahaha... The only reason I chosen this place is because I'm immensely attracted by the ambiance of the restaurant. I'd been searching for many dining restaurants and actually called them one by one to get more details, but finally chosen Cantaloupe because of its reputation and also its ambiance.

We actually headed to 23rd floor and had a full glimpse of the whole KL city from this restaurant. It's really a fine dining restaurant and I love this place a lot which is so quiet and relaxing. Beforehand I'd reserved this restaurant and made a lot of secret arrangements to give him surprises.
I'm utterly unsatisfied with the service of this restaurant, I thought fine dining restaurants should have polite waiters instead they are so rude! I've been to many and never seen one behaving that way omg... The main issue here is they kept forcing us to order more food courses even though we refused, I thought patrons should have our own preferences right?

Fine, this is a really sad experience in Cantaloupe... I expected better. We tried to ignore them and we continued our topics about how I planned his birthday. I told him no more cake this time. By then I snooped to toilet, at the meantime I told the waiter about the cake that I've ordered and delivered to Cantaloupe. I reminded them to present the cake after we finished our own courses.
Chicken RM95++
Half a chicken, the breast brined, seared and served with green olive tapenade, the skin as a crisp, the leg boned, rolled and stuffed with liver mousse, the gizzard confit fried crisp.
Salt baked Barramundi RM95++
Nori wrapped sea salt baked barramundi fillet, roast morrels in cream sauce, sherry & Beurre Noisette Braised lettuce, squid ink poached celery root.
A point-blank glance of the KL city.
When the main courses were ready we enjoyed our dinner while indulged ourselves in this romantic ambiance. Finally when we finished our dinner, the waiter presented the cake in front of him and he was amazed. He never expected I custom-made him a Manchester United themed cake. He almost have his tears rolling down I guess, hahaha... I bought many extra magic candles and prank him, he can't blow them off! Initially I ordered firework candles from Johor, cuz there aren't any selling here. Sadly they didn't arrive on time and I can't give him a pretty surprise. Btw, he looks more than happy....
The next thing, I asked the waiter a few things about the cake and cash return cuz the cake shop failed to provide me the candles I wanted. But the way he answered us is so rude! Then we actually started arguing. We both said that their manners towards us are distinctly hostile, asking us to shift seats since I made my reservation already, then talked to us like uncivilized people. Immediately we got apologies from them. Omg so now u know how bad your services are!

The senior supervisor expressed his deepest apologies and talked to us. We were seriously offended... Of course, we gave a very bad feedback and they should all be ashamed of.
Yea, that's a very bad experience in Cantaloupe. I'm there to celebrate my boy's birthday and they all ruined our mood, and luckily we sounded out our dissatisfaction. Frankly, Cantaloupe is an awesome restaurant with such a wonderful ambiance, how could anyone resist such a classy location? I strongly do not recommend u this restaurant not because of their food but their service and attitude. Their services failed us which we definitely might not visit there again. Btw, I still love last year's celebration in Thirty8 at Grand Hyatt Hotel. They offered warm services and the food is scrumptious! I miss there already!

Oops, btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY & HAPPY ANNIVERSARY IN ADVANCE my dear
Happy reading ~xoxo~

Address: Level 23B, Tower B, The Troika, 19, Persiaran KLCC, 50450 KL.
Contact: 03-2162 0886

5 comments :

  1. reali bad experience when de attitudes and services are bad too.. >.< .. btw, pretty my dear.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes i understand d.. really hate it.. we really beh tong and scold them directly on the spot.. hahaha =D
    aww.. xie xie ni my dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I am searching for the review of Cantalope and found your blog... I am planning to celebrate my birthday there too... mind to tell how much is the bill at the end? Thanks. ~ Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai vivian.. the total bill is around RM200++ =) Cantaloupe is a nice place with great ambiance.. the environment is soothing and its a real luxurious place to enjoy dinner while enjoying the view of KL city.. =) But I dislike the service provided by the waiters there. They're quite rude.. Haha but it still depends on u whether u want to go there to celebrate ur birthday.. btw Happy birthday in advance =)

      Delete
  4. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information..
    https://www.parcesta-condo.sg/

    ReplyDelete