1

Thursday 12 July 2012

Sabah vacation @ Kota Kinabalu

We've planned a vacation to Sabah during our long final break together with my fellow course mates  Yet this is the first time I'd board an aeroplane to somewhere else. This sounds pathetic right? =( However I'd anticipated so much about this trip since both of my best friends and my bf (we just started our relationship for one month.. hehe) joined too! I have no idea why my friend planned a trip to Sabah, maybe he thought that it's easier for him. 

Hmm, let me share my experience about  boarding an aeroplane. At first, that is quite joyful and excited for me that we're going to board an aeroplane, but when the airplane started for an hour I started feeling dizzy. I couldn't have blamed the aeroplane because I always have motion sickness. And probably is the airplane itself which is not that stable, as many people always tell me sarcastically: "Air Asia is not comfortable" haha...

We reached Sabah airport after 2 hours and a half, awaiting for our trunks to be collected. Then we headed to meet our tour guide. He is around a 30-year-old-looking man, tanned skin and lanky. He waved fervently towards us and guide us into a van, then started telling us about the schedule of our trip. 

We then checked in at hotels thereafter. Then we started explore Sabah for the very first day. We visited Sabah museum and a few places. The memory that still deep rooted in my mind is that we didn't had a chance to grab a munch during the trip and remained starving until we returned our hotel. 

At night, all of my friends paid a visit the Orang Asli village except me and my bf. We preferred to stay back since we're not interested and if we're going, we need to pay an extra of hundred ringgit, as we weren't that lavish. Loll..

Alternatively, we both went for shopping in the nearby malls. I would give a rank of 2 stars out of 5 stars for the malls we went, as they really looked aged and old, the outlets were randomly located and not as classy as the ones in KL. 




Following the second day, we were going to wear just as simple as possible. That's because we're going for jungle tracking at Kota Kinabalu. I donned a pair of pretty Nike sport shoes which is my mum's and a voluminous jeans. I knew it looked hideous, haha. It's a first experience ever, that we'd chances to clamber through the men-built wooden stairs. I'm gonna said that it's a very tiring activity, all of us panting wearily after we reached the top. Nevertheless, we're overwhelmed by happiness =) 

In addition, we had a chance to walk through the hanging bridge. Yeah, I have to admit that it was dangling from a few hundred meters of height, shaking vigorously and looked unsafe. But I'm always a bold girl and wasn't fear of heights, cross the bridge as easy as pie! Some of my friends, especially the boys, they frightened the girls by jumping on the bridge when they're crossing together in a team of five. They looked horror-stricken and shrieked to warn them to stop. But the mischievous boys continue acting like they don't heard that. Loll..











This is the third day we're at Sabah, I think I'm gonna elaborate quite much about it since it's the most fun part since we were here. We were here at Sapi island and Manukan island. I would have loads of compliments regarding Sapi island, in the sense of its clear blue water and smooth, white sand. We'd hurled ourselves in the seawater even though the sun is burning hot. And of course, I do remember to applied sunblock frequently to avoid sunburn. 

Besides, we also enjoyed the water activities and we were willing to pay for it. We went for para-sailing, jet-skiing and had a chance to take a photo by holding the steering of speedboat. We take turns para-sailed and me and my bf were the first batch to set off. We saw a lot of jelly fishes from the top but the driver kept us moving up and down and we're all wet! 

By then we were on board of a speedboat and we're brought to the other part of the sea, as the shore of Sapi island is well-preserved. It's the most exciting moment, we were going to ride jet-skis in the deep waters. Again it's my first time and me and my bf set off from the speedboat, but I have most of the time controlling the jet-ski and wandering around until our time is up. 

We were extremely happy and headed back to Sapi island once again after that. At midday, we  headed to Manukan island and enjoyed snorkelling there. However, I don't fancy the murky water of Manukan island and I'd no mood snorkelling though. 

During late evening we leave the island and we're starving. We held a poll, and majority of us wanted to have a try of the seafood here. They ordered a lot of it, I don't really like seafood actually but I have a little try of the seafood here, yeah they're not bad and at least they don't make me down. We stimulated our taste buds with a variety of seafood such as prawns, shells, crab and etc and we're contented with tonight's dinner. 

Darkness had fallen, indicating that we should've go back to our hotel and have a good rest till the next day. 







 We had a jumping pose on the beach, hooray!









I'm the driver!



Finally it came to the last day of our vacation, it's time to say goodbye. We packed our luggage and checked out from the hotel before 12 noon. Oops, we'd managed to take a few photos as memories before leaving our hotel, photographed by our tour guide.  

Before waving farewell, we also asked to take photos together with our tour guide as a reminisce of every moment we spent in Sabah. Hauling our heavy luggage to the airport, and we were once again on board in the plane back to KLIA. The end =)





p/s: After my Sabah trip, I'm waiting for my Genting trip with my boy. Plus, I'd also took part in an activity known as Famine 30. =)

No comments :

Post a Comment